Alrighty gorgeous people! I’m throwing out the big “C” word in the hopes someone will join me on a quest to building (or solidifying) a renewing of the mind habit. Not sure what “renewing the mind” is? That’s ok, check out this post.
Already got it? Great, let’s continue…
Three weeks from today, the Taste For Truth Support Group* (on Facebook), will be hosting a twelve week long cHaLLeNgE to inspire us to renew our minds to the mind of Christ in the New Year. The focus will be tri-fold and will be based on this passage of scripture:
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NIV, view other versions)
We will renew our minds concerning the three parts of every human: spirit, soul, and body during the 84 days. The assignments will be geared toward pouring in God’s truth and will build as we go along.
Participants will need:
- A Bible
- I Deserve a Donut (book or app) by Barb Raveling
- Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore
- a Journal (any kind that suits your fancy)
- loose-leaf paper or small spiral notebook
- pens, pencils, highlighters (more on this later)
- food boundaries (more information), if you don’t have this by the start date, don’t let that stop you from joining!
- a scale (or access to one) if you plan to participate in the weekly weigh ins (optional)
- access to a printer (for printing the worksheets)**
You can ride along (to some extent) just by following this blog, but if you want access to the PDF files once the challenge starts, you’ll need to join the TFTSG.
So what is the official start date? January 6, 2017 That’s right, we’re kicking this off on a Friday. Why? Because our weekly weigh ins at the TFTSG will be on Fridays and to break us out of the whole, “Oh, I’ll start over on Monday” mentality. Of course, I’ll be posting more information here and on the support group before then.
If you are already a member of the TFTSG, do NOT use this upcoming challenge as an excuse to ignore renewing your mind and/or blow your boundaries for the next three weeks! Stay the course, my friends!
If you have come across this post after our start date, that is perfectly fine. Just begin as soon as you can.
* The TFT Support Group is named after Barb Raveling‘s book by the same name.
** Available only on the TFTSG.