This was day twenty-eight of my raw food challenge… seriously? It’s been four weeks and I only have two days left? I got about 7.5 hours of sleep last night. I did sleep better, although who would want to get out of bed on such a cold morning? Not me!
- Breakfast – Green Smoothie (8.5 oz Bananas, 5.5 oz Berries, 3/4 cup Apple Juice, 3/4 cup Coconut Water, 2.25 oz Kale, 1.5 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 Banana, 8 oz Apple Juice
- Lunch – 2 Bananas, 4 Strawberries, 1.5 oz Kiwi, 1 large Orange
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana, 1 Apple
- Dinner – 1/2 oz Spinach, 6.5 oz Banana, 1.75 oz Strawberries, 2 Clementines, 1 Medjool Date and a spritz of lemon juice.
- Evening Snack – 8 oz Apple Juice, 1.25 servings dried Pineapple rings
- Water – 35 ounces
- Calories – 1,655.9 (Carbs 93.3% / Protein 4.3% / Fat 2.4%)
- Fiber – 44.9 grams!
- One hour TaeKwonDo class.
- As of Friday I’ve lost 8 lbs and 7.5 inches. For more information, check out my Week 3 Summary. Although it’s been 4 weeks now, I’m going to do my final numbers of the challenge the morning after day 30 is complete.
- Wow, my brain knows this challenge is coming to a close. My thoughts have started jumping to cooked food suddenly, like somehow my brain has been conspiring, “she’ll get over this and we’ll be back to normal in 30 days”. I can’t just ignore the positive changes though. If I only get normal cycles out of this, it is worth it. I believe I’ll have more and more benefits as things go along. I do wonder if cooked food would make me sick at this point. I also wonder if it tastes as good as I remember or as good as it smells. And yet, clearly, something I was eating wasn’t working for me. Can you see the back and forth pull? I can.
- I am really, really, really looking forward to NOT tracking every ounce of food that I eat.
- I scored big at the grocery store today. Ripe bananas with the red tape (meaning discounted!) are the first thing I look for in the produce section EVERY time I go to the store…. yes, whether I need bananas or not. It’s funny how every cashier seems to comment on the bananas. “Wow, that’s a lot of bananas.” “Are you making Banana Bread?” “What do you do with all those bananas.” “Got some monkeys at your house?” Today I told the girl that I eat about five a day and she looked at me in shock. No words, just staring. Awesome. Of course, I have four kids who eat them too.
- My cart was really heavy. I’m struggling to push it down the aisle and this man looks at my cart to see what’s in it. The surprise registered on his face when he saw that almost three fourths of it was filled with fresh fruits and veggies (with the kid carrier part full of bananas). The rest was stuff for those cooked vegan people I told you I live with 😉 Pasta sauce, rice noodles, tortillas, quinoa, beans, salsa… etc. All he says is, “wow”, as he pushes his basket past me.