This was day twenty-five of my raw food challenge. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I woke up feeling rested but didn’t want to get up because the covers were so warm.
- Breakfast – Green Smoothie (9.25 oz Bananas, 6.5 oz Berries, 3/4 cup Apple Juice, 3/4 cup Coconut Water, 2.25 oz Kale, 2 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 large Apple, 1 Banana
- Lunch – 10.25 oz Papaya, 10 oz Bananas, 4.25 oz Kiwi, 1 Medjool Date
- Afternoon Snack – Um, was playing on Pinterest and forgot to eat it.
- Dinner – Green Smoothie (8.25 oz Bananas, 6.5 oz Berries, 3/4 cup Apple Juice, 3/4 cup Coconut Water, 2.25 oz Kale, 2 oz Spinach)
- Evening Snack – 1 serving dried Pineapple rings, 1 Grapefruit
- Water – 30 ounces
- Calories – 1,855.4 (Carbs 92% / Protein 5% / Fat 3%)
- Fiber – 59.4 grams!
- One hour of TaeKwonDo class.
- As of Friday I’ve lost 8 lbs and 7.5 inches. For more information, check out my Week 3 Summary.
- My energy levels are going back up – hooray! I’m glad that sluggish week is behind me. Detoxing is not fun. The only thing good about it is knowing that your body is getting rid of junk.
- I tried a papaya today… um, not impressed. Maybe I just got a bad one? It was really “blah”.
- My nails are growing faster. I’ll have to make sure I clip them more often I guess.
- Here’s the TMI for those who want it: I’ve read that we should be eliminating as many times per day as the number of meals we eat (is that why we have to pick up dog poo in the backyard so often?). To be honest, I thought this was ridiculous and felt that, if it were true, it would be a side-effect I would abhor. Well, I’m not going that often yet (although close to it) and I’m finding that it’s not that bad at all. I see it as cleansing and quite beneficial. The regularity helps with your hair, skin, nails, mood, and so much more.
- Five more days… I love eating raw but I’m ready for a break from weighing, logging, and photographing my food.
- On the cooked vegan front, the Husband discovered a marvelous recipe for vegan cornbread. I haven’t tasted it but it has received rave reviews from vegans and non-vegans alike. Here’s a photo of the batch he made to go with tonight’s cooked vegan dinner (rice noodles w/ a tomato based pasta sauce and a side salad).