This was the seventeenth day of my raw food challenge. I got about 9 hours of sleep last night and ended up missing church this morning. I was exhausted.
- Breakfast – 3.25 cups Green Smoothie (8.25 oz Bananas, 6.5 oz Strawberries, 1 C Apple Juice, 2.75 oz Spinach) – I’m out of spinach and coconut water 😦
- Morning Snack – 1 Banana, 1 medium Apple
- Lunch – 1.44 lbs Grapes, 1 Mejool Date (lunch on the go)
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana
- Dinner – 9.25 oz Bananas, 4 Clementines, 1 Mejool Date
- Evening Snack – 1 Snakaroon, 1 oz raw Cashews
- Water – 45 ounces
- Calories – 2,155.7 (Carbs 82.4% / Protein 4.5% / Fat 13.1%)
- Fiber – 42.8 grams!
- No Formal Exercise today.
- As of Friday I’ve lost 7.4 lbs and 6.6 inches. For more information, check out my Week 2 Summary.
- We took the family to the movies this evening and I was going to add a bag of freeze-dried fruit to my purse but the health food store was closed. So we went by the regular grocery store. They had dried fruit but every single package had other stuff in it besides the fruit. I would like to know why on earth you have to add sugar to dried fruit? It’s sweet enough all by itself. So either they are using tasteless fruit (possible) or our taste-buds are so warped from processed foods that we think sugar is needed for it to be sweet enough (probable). Needless to say, I left the store frustrated with the whole thing. I was wishing I had eaten something before leaving the house and came home famished (I had family members eating popcorn on either side of me). I swear that they must pump the smell of popcorn, hotdogs and candy into the seats. No matter what my resolve, if I’m hungry enough, even a movie theater hotdog begins to sound good to this raw vegan girl.
- My “no poo” hair is looking better, although it is still oily. I did style it today (curling iron) and it actually held the girl. Normally I would have to slather my hair in product to get it to hold anything for even an hour. This is an encouraging sign that better hair is already developing on my noggin.
- I’m almost back into another pair of my jeans.
- I think I’m going through another stage of detox this week. I went through some detox back in October and then a bit during the first week of the challenge. This stage seems to be targeting old injuries. Even really, really old ones. They are aching. And since we don’t have any storms on the horizon, I’m guessing it’s a detox phase. I’ve read that better nutrition can prompt your body to begin healing old injuries by first breaking them down (which is the part that aches) and then rebuilding the area. I sure hope this is the case.
- I’m not excited about our schedule resuming tomorrow… but that’s mainly because I don’t want to get up before dawn 🙂
Pingback: 30 Days on the Raw Side: Day 16 | Brick by Brick
I thought the same thing looking at foods today in the grocery store! Ridiculous! I dry my own pineapple here and where it taste nothing like the stuff I get at the store with the sugar on it…it still taste really really really good! BTW, I bought the figs like you did but I thought they were soooooo nasty…lol, I couldn’t get beyond the seeds…ralph!
It is very ridiculous and so unnecessary. Some of the figs seem to be more “seedy” than others. Not sure why. I got one that was really seedy and I would agree that it was more difficult to eat than the other one I had. They still tasted good, just “crunchier” lol.