This is the sixteenth day of my raw food challenge. I’m officially over half-way through this challenge! Got about 8 hours of sleep last night. Woke up this morning thinking about my first-born son.
- Breakfast – 4.25 cups Green Smoothie (12 oz Bananas, 3 oz Blackberries, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice, 2.5 oz Spinach, 1.25 oz Kale, 2 oz Red Leaf Lettuce)
- Morning Snack – 2 Clementines, 1 Banana
- Lunch – 9.5 oz Grapes, 2 Oranges
- Afternoon Snack – 1 really large Apple
- Dinner – 5 cups Green Smoothie (4 oz Kale, 14.5 oz Banana, 6.5 oz Strawberries, 2 cups Apple Juice) with 1 Orange and 2 Strawberries for garnish.
- Evening Snack – I’m sure I’ll eat something else before bed but I’m not sure what that will be.
- Water – 40 ounces
- Calories – 1,976.2 (Carbs 91.7% / Protein 4.9% / Fat 3.3%)
- Fiber – 58.2 grams!
- I really wanted to go to the Y with the family but I wasn’t in the mood to be around other people today. So, I decided to take the dog for a walk instead (dogs aren’t people – although some of you probably gasped in horror at that statement lol). The high, frigid winds cut our walk to only 30 minutes, but it felt good to get outside. My winter coat was in the van and went to the Y with those who wanted to go. I had to borrow the Boy’s coat and well, a teenage boy’s coat smells way different than a girl’s.
- As of Friday I’ve lost 7.4 lbs and 6.6 inches. For more information, check out my Week 2 Summary.
- Yes, I felt really low today. I won’t apologize for it or feel guilty for it one bit. Of all the days in the year, this is the one where I should be allowed to feel however I want and do whatever I want. If I want to be a hermit, I’m a hermit. If I want to cry all day, I cry all day. If I want to watch a stupid movie… you get the idea. I spend the other 365 days of the year focusing on the “positives”, offering a shoulder to other grieving parents and “treasure hunting” the good that has come from my son’s short life. All year long, I deal with photographs he isn’t in and milestones he’ll never reach. Most of the time no one else knows that I’m thinking about him. But on his birth/death day, I won’t hide it and if I feel like pouting and screaming “it’s not fair”… well, I figure God understands… quite literally. I’m thankful for family and friends who understand that I don’t need for them to try to “make it better”, I just need them to be “ok” with me being whatever I need to be today. I love that they don’t try to “fix me” but rather give me a hug and say, “I’m so sorry”. At the top of that list is my wonderful Husband. He has had compassion and understanding and so much patience over these last fifteen years. Thank you!
- In the midst of my “funk” today, I forgot to photograph my breakfast. However, I opted to have a little fun with dinner. The girls helped and, I think, secretly hoped they were going to get to drink out of one of those glasses tonight too.
Way to go 🙂 Thought about you a lot today…I know you had a tough day…I’m glad you were able to spend time thinking on Bryan and be just who you are in the process… love you.
Thank you so much, Betsy 🙂 It was good to have that time today. I should be ready to face the world again soon. Love you too!
Pingback: 30 Days on the Raw Side: Day 15 | Brick by Brick