This is the twelfth day of my raw food challenge. Got about 8 hours of sleep last night.
- Breakfast – 4.25 cups Green Smoothie (2 Bananas, 6 oz Berries, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice, 2.5 oz Spinach, 2 oz Kale)
- Morning Snack – I was in spinning class during this meal burning off my 500 calorie breakfast.
- Lunch – 3.5 oz Pomegranate, 1.5 oz Kiwi, 5 oz Mango, 5 oz Banana, 3.5 oz Pineapple, 1 Clementine, 1 Mejool Date
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana, 1 really large Apple
- Dinner – 1 Grapefruit, 1 Banana, 1 Clementine, 1 Strawberry & “dessert” (5 dried Pineapple rings, 1 Mejool Date, 3 Turkish Figs)
- Evening Snack – 12 oz Apple Juice
- Water – 88 ounces
- Calories – 2050.1 (Carbs 94.1% / Protein 3.8% / Fat 2.2%)
- Fiber – 59.1 grams!
- One hour indoor cycling class. This was my first time to do this class.
- As of Friday, I’ve lost 4.8 lbs and 3.74 inches. Check out my Week 1 Summary.
- I woke up in a really yucky mood. Maybe it was the influence of Sherlock Holmes on my dreams last night… or maybe it was waking up late and oh so hungry… or maybe it was the significance of today’s date in the final days of my son’s life 15 years ago. Whatever the cause (and I’m not discounting all three combined), my day did not begin well. I was rude to the Husband and impatient with the kids. I had plenty to apologize for, which thankfully I came to my senses and did just that.
- The Husband made me to the cycling class, which I had put off from the evening before with the suggestion of a date night. I really didn’t want to go, but I was glad that I did.
- Who gets so excited that she shouts, “Score!”, over finding already pealed pomegranate in her fridge today? Um, I do!! Initially I said this wasn’t worth the time or cost, well, it is. Yum! It tastes so good mixed in with a fruit salad. The seeds yield delicious bursts of juice followed by a crunch. “Très bon!”
- While at Vitamin Cottage getting vegan cheese for the “cooked vegans” in my house, I looked around for other things I might like to try. I told the Husband that I was going to the produce section to see if anything spoke to me. A knobby looking little beet had my attention for a fraction of a second, but I left it there. The Husband was checking out the cashew selection and I remembered that I am almost out of raw cashews. While looking at the cashews I saw a little bag labeled, “Turkish Figs”. I’ve had fig newtons but I’ve never had the actual fruit. They don’t look remotely appetizing. Before the photo op above, I took a bite out of one. “Oh my heavens! Glory to God in the highest!” Dates are good but figs… well, they are better.
- Ha ha ha, who says I don’t eat things with a face 😉 Yes, I kind of played with my food tonight.