This is the tenth day of my raw food challenge and yes, it’s Christmas Day. Got about 8 hours of sleep last night; Although, it was interrupted because I fell asleep on the sofa, twice, before heading to bed. We usually wait till the kids are asleep to set up stockings and such, but I nodded off before they did.
- Breakfast – 4.75 cups Green Smoothie (3 Bananas, 7 oz Berries, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice, 1.75 oz Spinach, 3.5 oz Kale)
- Morning Snack – woke up later than normal, so, loaded my breakfast smoothie (680 calories) and skipped this meal.
- Lunch – 1 Persimmon, 1 Orange, 6 oz Grapes
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana, 1 oz raw Cashews
- Dinner – 4 oz Pomegranate, 3.25 oz Kiwi, 2 Bananas, 8 oz Apple Juice
- Evening Snack – 1 oz raw Cashews, 1 Banana
- Water – 40 ounces
- Calories – 1965.3 (Carbs 78.8% / Protein 7.3% / Fat 13.9%)
- Fiber – 48.1 grams!
- No Formal Exercise today 🙂
- As of Friday, I’ve lost 4.8 lbs and 3.74 inches. Check out my Week 1 Summary.
- When I began this challenge, I was really worried about making it through Christmas. I was afraid that I would feel deprived and be in a rotten mood because I “couldn’t have what everyone else was having”. Obviously that isn’t the right mind-set. I can have what they are having, I’m choosing not to. That, coupled with not craving anything, it’s been quite easy to stick with raw foods.
- I don’t like my fat percentage being above 10%. That second serving of cashews pushed me over.