This is the ninth day of my raw food challenge and yes, it’s Christmas Eve. Got about 8 hours of sleep last night, which was surprising after yesterday’s three hour nap. I guess I needed it.
- Breakfast – 4.5 cups Green Smoothie (3 Bananas, 6.75oz Berries, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice, 2 oz Spinach, 2 oz Kale)
- Morning Snack – woke up later than normal so I skipped this meal
- Lunch – 2 Oranges, 2.5 oz Grapes, 1 really large Apple
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana
- Dinner – I fixed myself a bowl of raw chili (pictured above) but I didn’t like it so I had a large Grapefruit and a Banana instead.
- Evening Snack – 16 oz Orange Juice, 8oz Apple Juice, 1 Snackaroon
- Water – 50 ounces
- Calories – 1746.3 (Carbs 87.3% / Protein 4.3% / Fat 8.2%)
- Fiber – 42.9 grams!
- 40 minutes on the treadmill at the Y (30 min walking / 10 min running). I’m hoping to gradually build my running mileage back up. I’ve been trying to let a foot injury heal (thank you, TaeKwonDo) and it’s been a slow process. My foot didn’t hurt on the treadmill today.
- As of Friday, I’ve lost 4.8 lbs and 3.74 inches.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE eating all this fruit!!
- I wasn’t going to begin running again until Monday but I had Erik running on one side of me, some teenage boy running on the other side of me, and I felt really good… so I ran 🙂
- I was a little sore from sledding yesterday but it’s mostly the left side of my body. I slammed pretty hard into the ground on my left side on one of the runs down the hill.
- That raw chili stressed me out. I was trying to mimic our normal Christmas Eve dinner but it didn’t work out the way I had hoped. I could smell the family’s cooked chili and mine wasn’t anything like it (taste, temperature or texture). I held back the gag reflex for the first few bites before deciding that it just wasn’t working for me. I was much happier eating fruit. When I went back to eating what tasted better, I didn’t feel left out at all.
- I forgot to mention in Sunday’s post that we had communion at church. I am not about to turn down communion in the name of this raw challenge. I am reminded of this because it was served again tonight at the Christmas Eve service. So, I have had two itty bitty pieces of cracker and a tiny bit of grape juice that was not raw.