This is the fifth day of my raw food challenge. Wow, 9 hours of sleep last night was nice. I feel like my body had a chance to “re-coop” a bit.
- Breakfast – 3.25 cups Green Smoothie (2 Bananas, 4.75oz Berries, 1/2 C Coconut Water, 1/2 C Apple Juice, 2.5 oz Kale, 1 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 really large Apple, 1 Banana
- Lunch – 1 Banana, 2 Oranges, 1 oz Dates
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana
- Dinner – “Big Salad” (2oz Red Lettuce, 1 oz Chard, 6.5 oz Tomato, 1.5 oz Celery, 1 oz Red Bell Pepper, 2.5 oz Cucumbers, .5 oz Onions, .25 oz Parsley) with Raw Dressing (pureed 2 Clementines, 1oz Mango & Cilantro)
- Evening Snack – 1 Banana, 16 oz Apple Juice
- Water – 48 ounces
- Calories – 1985.6 (Carbs 82.6% / Protein 4.1% / Fat 12.8%)
- Fiber – 56.6 grams!
- I skated for about 30 minutes this morning
- I won’t weigh again until the 23rd.
- Cooked food smelled soooo good today. Well, the stew the Husband made last night smelled awesome too. The smell was enticing but what had me even more interested is how cold it is outside. A warm bowl of chili or leftover stew sounded so inviting.
- I got some disappointing news today and saw again, just how much I rely on food to “make it better”. I wanted a mocha and even whined about it a bit before I finally took my concern to God.
- It amazes me the amount of fat in just fruit and vegetables. So, when I added those Snackaroons (which have almonds in them) it pushed me over my target limit of 10%.
- The “Big Salad” I made was delicious! The different tastes really popped. My seven year old liked the dressing so much that she wanted to take the photo, so I let her 🙂
Pingback: 30 Days on the Raw Side: Day 4 | Brick by Brick