This is the fourth day of my raw food challenge. Because I took such a long nap during the day, I found it difficult to go to sleep last night. As a result, I got about five hours of sleep and felt very tired this morning when the Husband’s alarm jolted me awake 20 minutes earlier than I needed to get up.
- Breakfast – 3.5 cups Green Smoothie (2 Bananas, 5.5oz Berries, 1/2 C Coconut Water, 1/2 C Apple Juice, 1.5 oz Kale, 1.5 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 really large Apple, 2 Clementines
- Lunch – 1 lb 12.75 oz Watermelon
- Afternoon Snack – 2 Oranges, 1 Banana, 1oz Dates
- Dinner – 4.25 cups Green Smoothie (3 Bananas, 8.75 oz Berries, 1 oz Spinach, 1.5 oz Kale, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice)
- Evening Snack – 1 Banana, 8 oz Grapes
- Water – 58 ounces
- Calories – 1970.2 (Carbs 91.4% / Protein 5.1% / Fat 3.4%)
- Fiber – 57 grams!
- Took the dog out for a 30 minute walk. It was so cold & windy (with flurries). Fortunately we don’t have many dreary days here.
- 1 hour teaching a skating class.
- I won’t weigh again until the 23rd.
- REALLY must get to bed on time.
- Today I noticed that my teeth aren’t as sensitive anymore (it had become almost unbearable to drink/eat anything cold or hot). Which seems to be the opposite of what “experts” will tell you about eating so much fruit. And no, I’m not using toothpaste made for sensitive teeth.
- My new favorite “dessert”? DATES!
- Got closer to my calorie target today. Didn’t drink any more water today because that watermelon was very hydrating.
Pingback: 30 Days on the Raw Side: Day 3 | Brick by Brick