This is the second day of my raw food challenge. I slept for about eight hours last night. I could have gone to bed about three hours earlier than I did… and probably should have but it was “date night”. We stayed up late and got up late so I was really hungry this morning. My head is pounding which was probably the result of either hunger or withdrawals… or both. It reminds me of the first few mornings of a juice fast. My face looks a bit puffy too.
- Breakfast – 3.5 cups Green Smoothie (3 Bananas that weighed the equivalent of yesterday’s two bananas, 5oz Berries, 1/2 C Coconut Water, 1/2 C Apple Juice, 1.75 oz Kale, 1.75 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 really large Apple
- Lunch – 5 oz Mango, 2 oranges
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Banana, 2.5 oz Carrots, 1 Orange
- Dinner – 4.25 cups Green Smoothie (2 Bananas, 4.5 oz Strawberries, 2 oz Blueberries, 2.75 oz Spinach, 2.25 oz Kale, 3/4 C Coconut Water, 3/4 C Apple Juice)
- Evening Snack – 1 Banana Coconut “snackaroon”, 3 Clementines, 1 Banana
- Water – 48 ounces
- Calories – 1804.5 (Carbs 85.9% / Protein 5.3% / Fat 8.8%)
- Fiber – 62.1 grams!
- No formal exercise today.
- I won’t weigh again until the 23rd.
- I woke up looking tired and sporting a headache.
- Going “against the norm” is probably one of the most difficult aspects of this dietary change.
- My caloric intake was lower than my goal again today. I didn’t meet my water goal either.
- I had bouts of high energy mixed with fatigue.
- Dinner is proving the most difficult meal – especially since the rest of the family typically has very fragrant, cooked food for dinner.
- My rings are really loose – sweet!
Pingback: 30 Days on the Raw Side: Day 1 | Brick by Brick