This is the first day of my raw food challenge. I slept for about seven hours last night. I did wake up at 3:30am for some reason but fell back to sleep. I haven’t been waking during the night since we converted to vegan so I don’t know what last night’s wake up was about.
- Breakfast – 3 cups Green smoothie (2 bananas, 2oz strawberries, 1/2 C coconut water, 1/2 C apple juice, 1.5 oz Kale, 1.5 oz Spinach)
- Morning Snack – 1 Banana, 1 Cutie, 1 really large Apple
- Lunch – 4.5 oz Grapes, 5.75 oz Cantaloupe, 1 oz Tomato, 2.5 cups Misc Smoothie ( 1 cup orange juice, 2.5 oz blueberries and 6.5 oz mixed salad greens and veggies)
- Afternoon Snack – 1 Cutie, 1 really large Apple
- Dinner – Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Mango, Kiwi (1.32 lbs) and 0.62 lbs Watermelon
- Evening Snack – 1 Banana (haven’t eaten this yet but planning to before bed)
- Water – 40 ounces
- Calories – 1734.5 (Carbs 92.3% / Protein 4.8% / Fat 2.9%)
- Fiber – a whopping 52.4 grams!
- I walked around the rink for 30 minutes this morning (this included stairs up and down the stands on each end).
- I weighed, took measurements, and completed a fitness test yesterday. I won’t have anything to report until next Friday.
- I woke up looking more refreshed than I have lately.
- I had a mild headache after breakfast that stuck with me through the walk.
- I had a little bit of a “freak-out” moment when I was trying to figure out how much and what food to carry with me while I ran errands. I wanted to avoid getting too hungry and I just didn’t know how much to take.
- By 4pm I’m usually very tired but I felt quite energized today.
- The “Misc Smoothie” that I made did not taste very good. I used the salad that the Husband bought for me earlier. I think the celery, onion, and cucumber overpowered the entire thing. Blech!
- I really enjoyed the sweet, crunchy apples and juicy grapes.
- The cravings for cooked food were with me off and on today. I especially wanted some tortilla chips and black bean chili. The only thing that kept me from ditching this project by the time evening came was knowing I would have to post that I couldn’t even make it through one day.
- It’s past time for bed… I have a headache… and I’m exhausted.