I have decided that I will embark on 30 days of eating mostly* raw vegan tomorrow. I really want to see how my body reacts to this and so I need to set some guidelines…
- Raw Fruit – I’ll be eating “high fruit” during the next 30 days and will eat whatever fruit is available at my local grocery store. I am planning to stick with organic (if I can afford it) as well.
- Raw Vegetables – Most of my veggies will be in the form of greens but I’m not going to avoid the other colors of course.
- Raw Fats – These fats will primarily come from avocados and nuts (no oils). I’m hoping to keep them at fewer than 10% of my daily caloric intake.
- Fresh & bottled juices – I do own a juicer but I’m including bottled juice because I do live a very busy life. I’m trying to be realistic and set myself up for success. *This is why I called this “mostly” raw at the start. Most bottled juice isn’t raw because it undergoes pasteurization.
- Water – I will try for 64 ounces a day.
- 2500 Calories per day – I will track what I eat and I’m going to shoot for 2500 calories a day. That seems like a lot of food for an average 30-something year old woman but I’m hoping my body reacts well.
- Tracking – I plan to share my menu each day complete with calorie count and dietary percentages such as carbohydrates, protein, fat and maybe fiber.
- I’m not planning to do any formal training plan other than building back up to a running routine. Since I’ll be starting from the beginning, this won’t mean large amounts of running during this challenge.
- The Husband has been begging me to take a spinning class so I’ll probably give that a try during the challenge.
- Other activities I expect to do in the next 30 days include: TaeKwonDo, Figure Skating and walking the dog.
- Tracking – I plan to share my workouts each day. I’m not going to stress about getting a certain amount of activity every day as this is a 30 day raw challenge and not a 30 day fitness challenge.
- Weight – I will not weigh any more often than once a week. The actual scale number isn’t important to me but I’ll record the changes for anyone wanting to see what is happening there.
- Measurements – I will take measurements today and then again the day after I complete the challenge.
- Fitness Test – I found a fitness test online that I’m planning to do today. After 30 days I will repeat the test to see if my overall fitness has improved.
- I am planning to make notes about how I’m feeling and the effect these dietary changes have on my mood, energy…etc.